Dynamics & FEA Mechanics Engineer – Eindhoven
At this organisation the products you develop are produced under the same roof, giving you a unique connection with your own product. You are responsible for your product, starting from design, test, production to assembly.
This organisation is a tier-one contract manufacturing partner, operating world-wide. Their customers are leading high-tech original equipment manufacturing companies and users of advanced production lines. Their goal is to outperform customer expectations in delivering mechatronic solutions.
They have built their track record in the following markets: semiconductor capital equipment, thin film deposition equipment for photovoltaic solar systems, analytical instruments, medical systems, aerospace & defense parts and systems and mechanisation projects.
The daily business is prototyping and series manufacturing of ‘high-mix low-volume’ products. They also provide customer specific factory automation projects.
Within this organisation, as the Dynamics & FEA Engineer you are responsible for the mechanical analysis of mechanical designs of high-tech mechatronic systems. The team you work in consists of designers and architects with the goal of achieving an efficient development process, within the set frameworks of the mechatronic systems.
– Performing Dynamics & FEM analyses on designs of high-tech mechatronic systems.
– Based on analyses, making recommendations to designers and architects in the development process to make this process run efficiently.
– Supporting and presenting design decisions.
– Advising in solving design related problems.
– Record and report relevant data and specifications.
This enterprise works according to the Production Generation Process (PGP), for which you will be responsible in the following staged:
– Feasibility phase; studying the Customer Requirement Specifications (CRS) and the feasibility of the mechanical and dynamic (sub-) systems.
– Definition phase; providing a specific description of the requirements of the system design and associated specifications.
– System design / concept phase;
o translating functional requirements into a desired dynamic performance.
o identify sources of interference within the system and characterize them (e.g. floor vibrations).
o schematically map the dynamic architecture of existing interference sources (e.g. dominant vibrations, masses, stiffnesses and degrees of freedom).
o performing clear and simple analyses for each of the present interference sources in order to provide insights into the aspects that determine the dynamic architecture.
o on the basis of the analyses made, define basic conceptual choices for proposals and/or design rules for the next phase.
– WO course Mechanical Engineering
– Minimum of 5 to 10 years work experience as a Dynamics & FEM Engineer Analyst in a high tech environment.
– Experience in calculating and simulating dynamic behavior using Ansys
– You have experience in working with NX and Teamcenter.
In addition, they are looking for this person to be:
– an Out-of-the-box thinker.
– to Have a helicopter view.
– To be able to communicate clearly and present the decisions made.
– To deliver a structured reporting.
– You naturallly challenge others and also come up with innovative ideas.