Lead Engineer Mechanics – Eindhoven
Please kindly note that you need to have an EU Working Permit in order to proceed for this position.
At this organisation the products you develop are produced under the same roof, giving you a unique connection with your own product. You are responsible for your product, starting from design, test, production to assembly.
This organisation is a tier-one contract manufacturing partner, operating world-wide. Their customers are leading high-tech original equipment manufacturing companies and users of advanced production lines. Their goal is to outperform customer expectations in delivering mechatronic solutions.
They have built their track record in the following markets: semiconductor capital equipment, thin film deposition equipment for photovoltaic solar systems, analytical instruments, medical systems, aerospace & defense parts and systems and mechanisation projects.
The daily business is prototyping and series manufacturing of ‘high-mix low-volume’ products. They also provide customer specific factory automation projects.
Within this organisation, there is a division responsible for the development, specification, design and engineering of high tech/precision modules, professional products and capital intensive equipment. The department consists of a number of competence groups, such as Mechanics, Mechatronics, Electronics, Software, Technology and Project management. In multi-disciplinary project teams they specify, design, develop and qualify the professional products for their customers. They source, produce and supply the qualified products to their customers.
Reporting to the Group Lead Mechanics, as a Lead Engineer Mechanics you specify and deliver high-tech mechatronic system solutions for the new products together with a team of designers and architects and you are responsible for achieving optimum functionality and cost effectiveness of the systems.
The most representative tasks related to the development process according to the Product Generation Process, in the following phases are:
- Feasibility phase: Study the Customer Requirement Specifications and the feasibility of mechanical components
- Fase Definition phase: provide a description of the system design requirements and specifications
- System design phase: generating the system design concepts and review
- Come up with well-considered choices, validated with the system requirements
- Definition of the high-tech modules and related technical interfaces
- Monitor that projects remain within the agreed specifications
- Use a wide scope view and creativity to find solutions in the event of a conflict
- Lead a team of (lead) designers / architects of approximately 5 to 10 people
- System verification: Verification of the requirements of the design / the chosen concept
- Production release: Release of the design for production
- Contributing to the roadmaps system
- Participate in the further development of required critical mechanical competences
- Set priorities within the mechanical team and report regularly to the project leader
- Coaching and training mechanical engineers
- Give direction to the Way of Working (including using V-model, PGP process, design reviews, engineering change process)
- An HBO or WO degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics.
- Minimum 5 to 10 years work experience as a Mechanical Engineer in a high tech environment.
- Experience in drafting design principles, accurate positioning and dynamic behavior.
- Experience in making a planning of mechanical development, preferably according to the complete V model.
- Experience in DfX is a plus, as well as making strength calculations in the field of thermal and mechanical design.
- You have experience working with NX and Teamcenter.
- You are familiar with Matlab / simulink and / or related development tools.
- You are part of an internationally operating family business.
- You work with professionals in a technical high-end environment.
- You work in a dynamic and informal corporate culture.
- You work in multidisciplinary teams.
- You have the opportunity to develop yourself internationally.
- You are the director of your own career in the field of personal development and growth.