Senior Mechanical Design Engineer – Eindhoven (the Netherlands)
Eindhoven (the Netherlands)
For a company that is accelerating industrial additive manufacturing by offering a modular 3D printing system and seamlessly integrated information platform to high-end and demanding industrial markets, we are searching for Mechanical Design Engineers to join their team.
This company redefines the business case for additive manufacturing applications in aerospace, automotive, medical technology and high-tech equipment.
Reporting to the Design & Engineering Manager, the senior mechanical engineer will play an important role in the development of their 3D metal printer, working in a multidisciplinary team.
The role is responsible for the development and improvement of modules of their 3D metal printer according requirements that you derive from the overall system requirements. Also for developing concepts, translate these in detailed designs in 3D CAD and analyze and review your work with team members.
The main activities for a successful performance are:
· Specification and creation of module design concepts
· Distribution of required activities over internal / external resources
· Analysis, calculation, simulation (back-of-the-envelope to FEA) of your design
· Detailing mechanical concepts of (sub)modules to technical product documentation
· Functional testing of modules to verify the design
· Documenting work during design, integration and testing
· Guide outsourcing of the development, Guide junior engineers
· Develop the design yourself.
Education: Bachelor of Master in Mechanical Engineering
– Able to work both at conceptual and detailed design levels
– 10 years of experience in mechanical design of complex mechatronic modules and/or systems
– 3D CAD modeling (preferably UG/NX)
– Extensive expertise of design principles
– Knowledge of production techniques / manufacturability of mechanical parts
– Knowledge of PDM systems (preferably Team center)
– Desirable: Finite Element Analysis experience (preferably ANSYS, structural, dynamic, steady state thermal)
Long term project
Fun to work with team with a strong pragmatic team mentality in which to work and experiment together to achieve common goals
Diverse team with people coming from different backgrounds
A team driven by technical challenges, eager to learn and entrepreneurial
This company is a young and fast growing professional organization.
They are looking for a broad range of people with diverse background and experience to join our organization.
They have formulated the following personal traits contributing to our company culture:
- Open, self-confident, pragmatic and result oriented
- Driven by content, eager to learn and entrepreneurial
- Proven team player who takes ownership
- Professional and structured
- ‘Fun to work with’