Service & Support Engineer – Eindhoven
For a company that is accelerating industrial additive manufacturing by offering a modular 3D printing system and seamlessly integrated information platform to high-end and demanding industrial markets, we are searching for a Service & Support Engineer.
This company redefines the business case for additive manufacturing applications in aerospace, automotive, medical technology and high-tech equipment.
To join this companies’ Customer Lifecycle Support team, reporting to the Customer Lifecycle Support Manager. This multidisciplinary team is responsible for all service and support activities within Additive Industries, from system handover by the production team until end-of-life arrangements at our customers. The Customer Lifecycle Support team is an important interface between the customer and the Additive Industries team (research and development, marketing and sales). Next to that the Service and Support Engineer is also an important commercial ambassador.
You understand that a well-prepared execution of system installations, upgrades, replacements and maintenance is key to maximize the value of this client’s metal additive manufacturing system.
Preparations will start with the factory acceptance test of the system where you will cooperate with the production team. You will coordinate the shipment to the customer and execute the system installation and setup of the system at the customer’s facilities.
The installation is completed with a site acceptance test and a training for our customer’s operators and technicians. After a successful installation, continuous condition monitoring, maintenance, performance evaluation, diagnosis, upgrades and problem solving are an important part of your job. You will provide support remotely and if required on-site to maximize uptime. You will be the first and direct contact person for a limited number of customers where you have completed installations.
- Organize and execute successful installations at customer site resulting in final acceptance
- Provide general training to customers’ operators and technicians
- Provide 1st line support of Additive Industries’ products, remotely and when needed on site
- Execute condition monitoring, evaluate, diagnose and resolve problems
- Provide support to customers with preventive and corrective maintenance
- Install and monitor remote support tools and issue tracking processes
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time
- Excellent social and communication skills
- Commercial acumen
- Stress resistant
- Fluent in English, knowledge of Dutch and German language in word and writing is considered an advantage
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Control- or Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Industrial Automation or similar.
- Experience with high tech systems and specifically hands-on experience with installing and/or servicing high tech systems
- Basic knowledge of control technology and electrical systems
- Experience with using Windows and remote assistance tools
- Familiar with the terms FAT, SAT, design for testability, assembly and serviceability
- Proven skills in information retrieval, analytical thinking and troubleshooting
- Experience and discipline to write technical reports on a daily basis to various stakeholders in the organization
- Practical experience in providing training to end-users
- Long term contract
- Real possibility of growing
- Salary: up to 52.000 € GROSS/year
This company is a young and fast growing professional organization. They have developed a strong pragmatic team attitude in which we work and experiment together in achieving our joint goals.
They are looking for a broad range of people with diverse background and experience to join our organization.
They have formulated the following personal traits contributing to our company culture:
- Open, self-confident, pragmatic and result oriented
- Driven by content, eager to learn and entrepreneurial
- Proven team player who takes ownership
- Professional and structured
- ‘Fun to work with’